Deriodyn lies on the route of ‘Sarn Helen’ the Roman road that once connected Aberconwy and Carmarthen. The remains of a small Roman fort and Bathhouse at Llanio are just a couple of miles to the south of the farm.
Tom and John Evans’ grandfather began farming there in the early 1900’s. Today, the brothers keep a flock of around 1000 Beulah speckled face ewes on around 450 acres of rolling hill pasture.
They also have a herd of 90 suckler cows.