In the 1870’s Rhys Jones’ great grandfather began to farm at Brynmeiniog high on the hills above the Teifi. He and Rhys’s grandfather had a great impact on that landscape, planting many beech trees, building stonewalls and even a small chapel all of which can still be seen today.
Today Rhys, sister Rhian and wife Nerys continue to farm this land along with that at Llwyn, taken on in the 1920’s, which lies in the fertile valley below.
They keep a flock of 1600 breeding ewes; a mix of speckled face, Welsh mountain and Welsh mules. They also have a herd of 85 suckler cows.
There is a holiday cottage on the farm, Beudy Bach, which is just a few minutes walk from the historic small town of Llandewi Brefi.