Trefaes Uchaf lies in the gently rolling hills between Llanilar and Llangwyrfon.
John Lewis’ father first took over the farm in 1962. John and his wife have brought up five children there, of whom son Brychan remains to help look after around 1000 acres. This includes an area of upland near Nant y Moch reservoir away to the north
Their flock of purebred Welsh Mountain Sheep includes around 600 ewes, and 30 prime rams of which John is particularly proud. They also have around 450 pure bred Beulah ewes.
A herd of Welsh Black cattle comprising 45 suckler cows and two bulls completes the livestock on the farm.